4/7/2023 2023 SAUPO Program
2023 SAUPO Program
Symposium on ASIA-USA Partnership Opportunities
Largest Asia Business Conference in the USA
SAUPO is organized by the Asian Studies Program of KSU’s Interdisciplinary Studies Department (ISD).
This version is updated on 02/27/2023 by Dr. May Gao, SAUPO Chair.
SAUPO Day: 8:00am to 3:30pm, Friday April 7, 2023, saupo.kennesaw.edu
KSU Center, 3333 Busbee Dr., Kennesaw GA 30144
The face-to-face SAUPO 2023 will also be live-streamed online at Zoom.
SAUPO 2023 Itinerary: Friday April 7, 2023 from 8:00am to 3:30pm
8:00am-9:00am: Registration & Breakfast
9:00am-9:30am: Opening & Introductions
Sponsored by KSU Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences
• May Gao, SAUPO Chair, Professor of Communication & Asian Studies, KSU
• Catherine “Katie” Kaukinen, Dean, Radow College of Humanities & SS., KSU
• Ivan Pulinkala, Provost and Senior VPAA, Kennesaw State University
• Honorable Mio Maeda, Consul General of Japan in Atlanta
• Honorable Andre Omer Siregar, Consul General of Indonesia in Houston
• Tyler Reinagel, Interim Vice President for Research, KSU
9:30am-10:30am: Sponsored by KSU WellStar College of Health and Human Services
SAUPO Panel #1: Opportunities & Challenges in ASIA-USA Partnerships
Moderator: Monica Swahn, Dean, KSU WellStar College of Health and Human Services
• DeAnn Golden, President & CEO, Berkshire Hathaway HS Georgia Properties
• Jessica Cork, VP, Comm. Engagement & Corp. Comm, YKK Corporation of America
• Steven Jahng, Director for External Affairs, SK Battery America
• Jae Kim, Korean Practice, Aprio
10:30am-11:00am: Sponsored by YKK Corporation of America
Morning Networking Break
11:00am-12:00noon: Sponsored by KSU Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology & AanseaCore
SAUPO Panel #2: Post Pandemic Technology and Innovation
Moderator: Ian Ferguson, Dean, KSU Southern Poly College of CEET
• Hajime Yokoyama, Vice President, Marketing, Kajima International Inc.
• Marcy Sperry, Founder, Vivid IP
• Nagendra Roy, CEO, AanseaCore
• Bill Strang, President, TOTO USA
12:00noon-1:30pm: Sponsored by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Georgia Properties (BHHSGA)
SAUPO Networking Lunch with Keynote Speeches
• Honorable Matt Murray, U.S. Senior Official for Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs, U.S. Department of State
• Honorable Jianying Zhao, Deputy General Representative, China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT); China Chamber of International Commerce
1:30pm-2:30pm: Sponsored by KSU Coles College of Business
SAUPO Panel #3: Trends in Global Manufacturing and Business
Moderator: Georgia Mui, Managing Partner, Global Consultants United
• Allan (Yun-Chin) Lin, CEO, Winmate Inc.
• John Rustin, Founder, Yereq Geo Energy
• Stella Xu, Managing Director, Greater China Region & Initiative, Georgia Dept. of Eco. Dev.
• Masae Okura, Partner, Taylor English and Duma
2:30pm-3:30pm: Sponsored by KSU Journey Honor’s College & Yereq Geo Energy
SAUPO Networking Reception
• Karen Kornweibel, Dean, KSU Journey Honor’s College
SAUPO 2023 goes from 8:00am to 3:30pm, Friday April 7, 2023, in person.